With the help of the following information, we would like to provide an overview of the processing of your personal data by us and your rights according to the Data Protection Act. Personal data will be processed only if the subject of the data has consented and if it is necessary to complete the contract or if the EU General data protection regulation (GDPR) or other rule allows or mandates processing.
1. What is the WIRZUM Platform?
WIRZUM Platform — is an online platform through which the registered users can post real estate property rental offers for long term and short-term co-living and individual living, including care, information on available services, search, booking, and payment of rent objects, Services, and search for tenants for a shared apartment.
Whenever this information on data protection the words “we”, “us” or “company” are indicated, it refers to a person, who is responsible for your data, within the scope of data protection information, particularly to WIRZUM LTD (a company liable under the legislation of the Republic of Cyprus under the number HE 411825 from 04.08.2020 at Vasili Michailidi 9, 3026 Limassol, Cyprus), with whom you have business relationships.
Moreover, this data may also be used by WIRZUM LTD, the platform owner, and other companies for the purposes listed in Section 3, assuming that they are entitled to do so based on your consent, priority of legitimate interests, or for other reasons.
This data protection information refers exclusively to the online WIRZUM platform. The Platform may contain links to third-party websites not covered under data protection information. If you leave our website, we recommend you carefully read the data protection information at other Internet offers.
2. Who is responsible for data processing and with whom I can contact?
Liable under Article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
Vasili Michailidi 9
E-Mail: [email protected]
You can contact our data protection specialist at:
3. What information do we collect and use?
We collect and process the following data:
- Personal data, received from you: name, address, contact details, birth date and company details, contact person name, address, e-mail address, and telephone numbers. In some cases, according to the booking type, we may ask you to provide your passport data, credit history details, or Your health data;
- Data, that we receive and use during the use of the Platform: avatar, login, /Your photo (in the case you have provided), reviews, geographical data (geolocation), if you view the objects on your smartphone, etc.
- Personal data that we collect automatically: IP address, date and time you used our services, information on the software of your computer (i.e. operating system, internet browser that you use, software version, or applications, as well as language settings). Also, we collect information about clicks and displayed pages. If you use a mobile device, we also receive data, that identifies your device, and information about its settings and characteristics, failures in application functioning and other system operations;
- Personal data that we receive from another source. For instance, our platform integrates the services of third-party payment processing providers (payment operators) to process payments between users. The payment operator may share your payment details with us so that we can process your order or booking. We also collect information in the cases we receive complaints about you from other Users on the platform. When you link your Wirzum account to your social network account, you can initiate a data transfer between Wirzum and that particular social network. You can always cancel such a transfer.
In addition to the above-mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and assigned to the browser you use, through which certain information is transmitted to the location where the cookie is installed (here - from us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. In general, they operate to make Internet offerings more user-friendly and effective.
Technically essential cookies allow using our website, providing basic features such as navigating pages and accessing secure areas of the website. Visiting our website cannot function properly without the cookies.
5. What types of cookie files are used?
This website uses the following types of cookies, the volume, and functionality of which are explained below:
- Temporary cookies
- Permanent cookies
Session cookies contain a so-called session identifier that assigns various requests from your browser to a shared session. Session cookies are temporary cookies and are deleted when you log off or close your browser. If you restart your browser and return to the site, the site will not recognize you.
Permanent cookies are automatically deleted after a certain period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies in your browser’s security settings at any time.
You can customize your browser settings according to your wishes, for example. B. refuses to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out that you will not be able to use all the features of this website.
6. Purpose of data collection and processing, and legislative requirements
We process your data to form a database of the residential property offers for long-term or short-term rental, including offers related to content and services, place and publish them on the platform and fulfill our obligations under future business relations or pre-contractual agreements.
We process personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This processing is based on Article 6, Paragraph 1 S. 1, Letter A, B or F of the General Data Protection Regulation.
a. Consent (Article 6, paragraph 1a of the General Data Protection Regulation). The legality of the processing of personal data shall be given with the consent of the processing for specified purposes (e.g., evaluation of data for marketing purposes, newsletters). This consent may be withdrawn at any time. This also refers to the withdrawal of consent statements that were provided to us prior to the entry into force of the GDPR, that is, until May 25, 2018. Revocation of consent is only valid in the future and does not affect the legality of the data processed before the revocation.
Processing of special categories of personal data within the meaning of Article 9 of the GDPR, such as health data within the meaning of Article 4 15 of the GDPR, is also based solely and exclusively on your consent.
b. To fulfill contractual obligations or pre-contractual measures (Article 6, paragraph 1 b DSGVO)
c. Within the framework of the balance of interests (Article 6, Clause 1f of the General Data Protection Regulation), If necessary, we will process your data to protect our legitimate interests or those of third parties:
- Providing IT Security and IT Operations for our company,
- testing and optimization of procedures for needs analysis and direct contact with customers,
- or advertising or market research and public opinion, if you do not object to the use of your data,
- Affirmation of legal claims and protection in legal disputes,
- Business management and further development of services and products,
- Prevention and investigation of criminal offenses.
7. Data Recipients
In our company, your data can be accessed only by those departments and employees who need such access to perform their functions or tasks.
The data you provide is available only to those recipients who need this information to fulfill contractual and/or legal obligations or to provide platform services. In certain circumstances, your data may be transferred to third parties if you have given consent to the transfer, or if we are obliged to do so by law or by contract.
The Landlord, Service Provider, Activity Organizer (platform users). Depending on the circumstances, the information we provide may include your name, contact details, payment details, names of people accompanying you or taking part in the Activity together with you, and any other information, which you specified while booking the Rental Object, Service, or Activity.
As part of the platform’s development and functionality, we also transfer your data to IT developers, platform and service providers, as well as third-party service providers to support the platform and our services, including payment service providers on the platform.
We may transfer your data to the payment service provider and (other) financial institutions. You or the owner of the credit card used at the time of booking may request a refund. In this case, we may need to provide certain booking data to the payment service provider and the appropriate financial institution to process your request. The information we share may include a copy of the booking confirmation or the IP address used when booking or booking the service. We can also provide information to the relevant financial organizations if we deem it necessary to detect and prevent fraud.
8. Cross-border data transmission
Your data can be sent to countries outside the EU for processing. Any data transmission to a third country is subject to the applicable data protection laws of such countries.
9. Google Analytics Usage
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. («Google»). Google Analytics uses so-called «cookies», text files that are stored on your computer and allow you to analyze your use of the website. The information generated by a cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to and stored on a Google server in the United States.
If IP anonymization is enabled on this website, your IP address will be pre-shortened by Google in the member states of the European Union or other member states of the European Economic Area Agreement. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to the Google server in the United States and abbreviated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to assess your use of the website, report on your website activities, and provide other services related to website operations and Internet use to the website operator.
The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent cookies from being saved by properly configuring your browser software; however, we would like to point out to you that in this case, you will not be able to use all the features of this website in full, if applicable. You can also prevent the data generated by a cookie related to your use of the website (including your IP address) from being sent to Google and processed by Google using the browser plug-in available at the following link and set to:
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension «_anonymizeIp()». As a result, IP addresses are further processed in abbreviated form, meaning that they cannot be associated with individuals. If the data collected about you have a personal link, it will be deleted immediately, and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. We can use the statistics obtained to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. In exceptional cases where personal data is transmitted to the US, Google has submitted the Agreement on the Exchange of Confidential Information between the EU and the USA, https://ww.acyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6, Paragraph 1, paragraph 1, letter f of the General Data Protection Regulations.
10. Using Social Networking Plugins
- Currently we use the following social networking plugins: Facebook, Google+. We use the so-called two-click solution. This means that when you visit our site, no personal data is initially passed on to plugin providers. You can identify the plugin provider by marking on the field above its initials or by the logo. We allow you to communicate directly with the plugin provider via the button. Only if you click on the marked field and activate it will the plug-in provider be informed that you have gained access to the relevant website of our online offer. In the case of Facebook, according to the relevant provider in Germany, the IP address is anonymized immediately after collection. Thus, when the plugin is activated, your data is transmitted to the appropriate plugin provider and stored there. Since the plug-in provider collects data, in particular by using cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies in your browser’s security settings before clicking on the shaded field. We use social media plugins on our website based on Article 6, Paragraph 1, Proposal 1, Letter f of the General Data Protection Regulation to make our company more famous. The main purpose of advertising should be considered as a legitimate interest in the meaning of GDPR. The responsibility for the work corresponding to data protection should be guaranteed by their respective suppliers. We integrate these plugins using the so-called two-click method to provide the best protection for visitors to our website.
- If you choose to use your Facebook or Google account to connect to our platform, see how they use the data they receive.
- We do not have any influence on the collected data and data processing procedures, nor do we know the full scope of data collection, processing purposes, and storage time. We also have no information about deleting the data collected by the plugin provider.
11. Acceptance of unencrypted e-mail (without end-to-end encryption)
WIRZUM LTD uses transport encryption (SSL) to communicate with its user via email. End-to-end encrypted e-mail communication is not offered. Sending emails without end-to-end encryption for communication between WIRZUM LTD and the user for the duration of the business relationship. The User agrees to use the e-mails we offer without end-to-end encryption for the purposes described above. Sending an unencrypted e-mail for purposes other than those described is not allowed.
12. Mobile version usage
In addition to the desktop version, the platform service is also available for mobile devices. All complex data processing, i.e., data collection, storage, and processing take place as described in the data protection information above.
13. Privacy rights
Each data subject has the right to receive information by Article 15 of the GDPR, the right to correction in accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR, the right to delete in accordance with Article 17 of the GDPR, the right to restrict processing in accordance with Article 18 of the GDPR, right of objection under Article 21 of the GDPR and right to data portability under Article 20 of the GDPR. You have the opportunity to file a complaint with the data protection authority (Section 77 of the GDPR in conjunction with Section 19 of the BDSG). You may withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data at any time with effect for the future. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data by sending a written notice to [email protected]
14. Changes to this privacy information
This privacy information was last updated on 15.04.2022. In case of changes, the current version is available to you along with the contract documentation.